Thursday, August 23, 2007

Don't Tell My Husband, But

I have to tell you what he did today! (Hope you get to read this before he logs in and deletes it.)

He had class this morning early and then was off to work, so you can imagine my surprise when I passed him on my way to drop Johnathan off at school headed towards home. I stopped, he stopped. I rolled down my window and said, "What's Up?"

He opened his door and stuck one foot out. He was wearing his brown Born shoe...with his black work uniform. Then he stuck out the other foot. On that foot he was wearing his black work shoe. I believe it was he who said, "What a dork!"

I laughed and laughed - not because of his misfortune (entirely), but (mainly) because of God's humor. We were meant to be together, because the summer we met I too went to work one day with two different shoes - one blue, one black, one fairly high heel and one low pump. How does one not notice that?!

So, how many of you are laughing because our mismatched feet share a kindred spirit? The rest of you...Don't be so smug. Your day may be coming.

No comments: