Johnathan is finishing up soccer and getting better and better every game. He really has a knack for finding the open player and making good passes. He is getting more confident and doing well at the goalie position also. Most importantly, he has enjoyed playing soccer and we have enjoyed watching him. Lesson learned from taking pictures at the soccer game - our camera has a very long delay! Here is the best of my attempts. (Remember, Johnathan's hair is longer these days!)
I'll help you out with this one. He is in the middle falling down in between the two boys standing up. Fighting hard for that one. Oh, and he is in a red jersey!


Andrew is now 11 months old. He is walking and opinionated! Everyone always comments on what a sweet baby he is (and he is) but he isn't perfect. Here is the proof: (You can see the Cheerio lying on his tongue!)
This is what people usually see!
Giving kisses to Johnathan!
Elijah has been playing T-ball and finds the most exciting part of the game comes at the end when they hand out game drinks. Mom told him that game drinks are only given to the kids who actually play (not those who draw on the ground and pick grass), so he has been paying more attention lately. Last week he played both first base and the pitcher position. Both see quite a bit of action since most balls don't make it much further than the pitcher and everyone throws the ball to first base every play (regardless of where the play should be). It was a very successful venture - he managed to pay enough attention to avoid getting hit by the ball and he was given the game ball at the end of the game (He is very proud). We'll see if he chooses to play next year. I think he would be delighted to simply spend time at the batting cages.
Our number 16!


Sometimes the coaches draw a box on the ground with their foot to remind the kids where to stand. Elijah's box is a little large but he took pride in it's creation.

This final pictures is from Johnathan's soccer game. These little girls are a couple years older than Eli and we don't know them. He waltzed right up to them and joined their conversation. At first they were not impressed, but he is not easily deterred and before long their play with Webkinz had turned into monsters, chasing and of course, lots of screaming! I don't think he will ever have trouble getting a date!
As for the adults in the household, we are busy getting everyone where they need to be, but not to busy to enjoy these days. I know they are going by fast, but I sense that the true speed of this time is lost on me and I won't understand it until they're gone and it feels like just yesterday we were almost 8, 5 and almost 1. Because I understand that one day they will be grown and I will miss them terribly, I try to smile through the pee all over my toilet and floor every time one of them uses it and the clingy, fussy baby that erupts at about the time I feel I have no more energy or patience for that today, or the attitude that bursts onto the scene when it is time for homework or something doesn't go our way!
Gary recently returned from a long overdue visit to Arizona (without us) to visit family and friends. Since it is almost time to join the car line to pick up Johnathan, I will simply say he had a wonderful time and we have wonderful family and friends in Arizona that we still miss terribly! Next time, we'll all go.
Until next blog, and may that not be as long as this past time!
2 comments:
oh my word! We miss you guys already! I think Eli has got to be the cutest T-ball player I've ever seen (besides my own children of course...hehe). I doubt I'll show Baylee this post. If she finds out Eli has other "girl" friends, it might not go over so well for me here at the Clements household. Give the kids a hug for me.
Hi Erin, Great blog! I'll send the link to Echo. Hope you make it to Austin again sometime when we are actually here to see you - Scott
Post a Comment