These are some pictures of Andrew and his favorite pasttime. There is nothing the kid won't do to get in the bathtub and there is no fit too big or small that can't be postponed in order to take a bath. Even if he is so tired his eyelids can't stay open, he will find the energy to take a bath. He is a water baby!



Post-bath is not nearly as much fun. He usually greets the task of getting dressed with screaming protest.
Post-bath is not nearly as much fun. He usually greets the task of getting dressed with screaming protest.
I decided to spend some time today updating the boys' baby books. I did quite a few years of updating on the older boys, but we had good time doing it. Elijah had a great time helping me fill in his birthday parties for the last five years. He didn't seem at all concerned that it hadn't been done before.
I had to laugh at the books themselves - Johnathan's book chronicles from birth to 7 years, Elijah's book chronicles birth to 5 years and Drew's chronicles birth to 2 years! Do you see a sad little trend? Drew may need a new book!
I found a cute story in Johnathan's book at age 3 - Apparently, he had colored in his bedroom and we were praying to ask for forgiveness. His prayer went like this: "Dear God, Thank you for today. I liked coloring on my bed and I don't like it when mommy uses those words to me. Please take care of me. Amen." Gotta love the honesty!
By the way, yesterday was Drew's 10th month mini-birthday. He is now standing on his own - mostly when he forgets that he is doing it because something in his hands has his attention. Tonight he tried to take steps without holding onto my fingers (I had my hands supporting his back). I'm predicting that he walks closer to 11 months, but it's hard to say. He could wake up tomorrow and decide today is the day! He is also really trying to say John and Elijah (he has the cadence down with Elijah but uses his own little sounds) and, of course, Ma! and Da! He loves the bathtub as mentioned above and the outdoors - he really loves the outdoors. He spends lots of time watching the neighborhood boys playing football and soccer and yelling at them.
We have really enjoyed the weather the last few days, but we are all feeling "under the weather." Despite feeling sick, we have played a couple "games" of soccer. The best part is that the neighborhood kids waited over an hour tonight to play until I (Erin - Gary is too sick) came out to join them. Isn't that sweet? I think they enjoying taking the old lady out - and believe me, they don't cut me any slack.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh!! I know there is a picture of Gary just like the second picture of Andrew in the tub. They look sooo much alike!!! Crazy! Give all my favorite nephews big hugs for me and tell them I love them!
Aunt Jenn
Yes...the kids are getting SO big. And I say, "whatever it takes to get the kids to take a picture" My bribes are getting expensive. .25 can only buy so much. The kids are catching on. You may see less and less pics..lol. Love you guys! John and Neal are having a great time. Nothing like a little GameCube action with your best friend to get the fire started! We are loving it!
Karis loves loves loves the bath as well. I can say something about taking a bath and she will start taking her clothes off - If it is anyone else taking a bath instead of her... she is already in the action of taking her clothes off and headed to the bath or already waiting at the tub. When we tell her it is not for her... she is very sad. It is so hard to believe that a kid would love a bath so much! I guess it is the only "pool" time she gets.:-) The girls just play and play - that is a filler time for us sometimes when we need a new activity or when I am just tired and need them in one area for a while and I can sit in the bathroom with them while they play and read or catch up on homework.
Hope you are doing well. We have a few more days in Kiev and then back to RU.
Love to all. Would love to hear about the conf. when you get back.
Post a Comment